The 2023 Southwest Section Winter Workshop, hosted by the Los Angeles Chapter, was very well received. About 73 registrants, of which about 19 were virtual, attended the workshop that helped us learn wellness techniques. Yoga, meditation, and a sound bath were introduced as self-care means, for staying healthy, to meet the challenges of aviation.
Anele Brooks, SWS Secretary, shared some interesting information she discovered about the Winter Workshop and Southwest Section. The following was excerpted from her report:
“We have 99s attending virtually from the Western New York, Mat-Su Valley, Tennessee, Alberta, San Antonio, Air Capital and Hampton Roads Chapters as well as 2 members from the Arkansas Chapter who are here in Los Angeles.
Our Southwest Section is the largest of the 29 sections of the International 99s. The top three sections are: SWS (1774), South East (1058) and South Central (976) Sections. The smallest sections are Mexico (2) Brazil (3) and the Far East (3).
Our smallest chapters: Payson Rim (7) and Redwood Coast Flyer (7) have more members than the smallest sections have. Our largest chapters: San Diego (156), Phoenix (136) and Ventura (114) each have more members than 19 of our sections.”
We are very pleased to have 99s from other sections join in on our Southwest Section Meetings and Winter Workshops. Hopefully we can all come together more often to share experiences and information.
It’s interesting to see the comparisons between the Southwest Section with other sections and chapters. As the largest 99s section, coordination and implementation of section meetings can be a challenge. Seemingly simple things become magnified and complex.
The chapters who host section meetings put in lots of time, energy and dedication into successful section meetings that we all benefit from. Virtual meetings allow us to continue with the business of the Southwest Section and stay in touch with each other. Still, there’s something about in-person meetings that can’t be replaced. Somehow, we will manage to get together.
Southwest Section 99s
- Southwesterly Spring 2023
- Southwesterly Winter 2023
- Southwesterly Fall 2022
- Southwesterly Summer 2022
- Southwesterly Spring 2022
- Southwesterly – Winter 2021
- Southwesterly Fall 2021
- Southwesterly Summer 2021
- Southwesterly – Fall 2020
- Southwesterly – Summer 2020
- Southwesterly Spring 2019
- Southwesterly Winter 2018
- Southwesterly – August 2018
- Southwesterly – June 2018
- Southwesterly – April 2018
- Southwesterly – Winter 2017
- Southwesterly – August 2017
- Southwesterly – June 2017
- Southwesterly – April 2017
- Southwesterly – December 2016
- Southwesterly – August 2016
- Southwesterly – March 2016
- Southwesterly – August 2015
- Southwesterly – March 2015
- Southwesterly – October 2014
- Southwesterly – March 2014
- Southwesterly – December 2013
- Southwesterly – September 2013
- Southwesterly – June 2013
- Southwesterly – April 2013
- Southwesterly – December 2012
- Southwesterly – September 2012
- Southwesterly – June 2012
- Southwesterly – March 2012
- Southwesterly – January 2012
- Southwesterly – September 2011
Submit articles and chapter news to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline to submit articles and information to be included in the next issue is approximately the 20th of the month prior to the newsletter issue.
|FOR ISSUE||SUBMISSIONS DUE BY|
A reminder…..your Chapter Newsletter Editor should email a copy of your newsletter to our Readers. It’s very important to share ‘the happenings’ of your chapter with the membership. It’s also another excellent way to extract and share ideas (especially those flying ones!).
If your chapter generates its newsletter electronically and you would like to add your newsletter to this list, please drop your updated newsletter using the Newsletter Drop here.